Cajun Crab Mac and Cheese
November 20, 2019
Cook Time 33 minutes
- 1/2 lb elbow mac and cheese
- 1/2 lb lump crab meat
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup butter
- 12 oz cheddar cheese
- 2 and 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 tbsp Urban Accents Cajun Street Seasoning
- Cook elbow noodles according to instructions on box.
- Begin by melting butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add flour and whisk to make a roux. The color of the mixture should be light brown.
- Add milk slowly while consistently stirring.
- Once the mixture begins bubbling, slowly add cheese while stirring.
- Add cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper, and stir.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Add elbow noodles to a casserole dish and spread out in an even layer. Add crab meat and stir.
- Add cheese sauce and stir.
- Top with additional cheddar cheese and bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!