Cilantro Lime Whole Chicken
November 20, 2019
- 1 whole chicken, innards removed
- 1 lime cut into 6 wedges
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 clove of garlic peeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Begin by rinsing the inside of the chicken carcass and patting dry.
- Stuff the chicken with two lime wedges and the peeled garlic clove. We use aluminum foil to tie the two legs together to keep those ingredients inside the chicken.
- Brush the chicken with olive oil.
- Season both sides of the chicken with cilantro, cayenne, and salt and pepper. Squeeze reminder of lime wedges onto the top and bottom of the chicken.
- In a roasting pan, roast chicken breast side down for an hour and fifteen minutes, or until internal temp of 180.
- Take out of the oven and cover with foil for 20 minutes before serving. Top with additional lime choice for added citrus.