Low Carb Meatball Sub
November 20, 2019
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp whipped cream cheese
- 6 meatballs, frozen
- 1 tsp parsley
- fresh mozzarella
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay out your meatballs on a cookie sheet with foil and bake for 7 minutes, or until defrosted.
- While your meatballs are in the oven, bring a pot of water to a boil. Using a bowl (or double boiler), melt down the mozzarella and cream cheese over the boiling water. Stir constantly.
- Once the cheese is melted, whip the egg into the mixture.
- Slowly add both of the flours.
- The mixture should be doughy now. Using a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, lightly flour the paper.
- Roll out your dough into a rectangle. Cover your hands in flour if it’s too sticky.
- Brush the dough with olive oil. Add half of the parsley and garlic powder.
- Line meatballs down the middle and fold the dough over your meatballs.
- Brush with additional olive oil and add remaining garlic powder and parsley.
- Bake at 350 for 12 minutes, or until the dough starts to slightly brown.
- Add marinara sauce and fresh mozzarella cheese slices.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes.