This low carb fried chicken is perfect for when you’re craving a guilty pleasure while trying to lose weight!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 1 minute
Total Time 11 minutes
- 4 chicken drumsticks bone in
- 2/3 Cup almond flour
- 2 egg whites
- vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Begin by heating one inch deep of vegetable oil in a large frying pan on medium high heat. Make sure that your pan has a lid to match it. Heat it uncovered.
- In a large bowl, combine whipping cream, egg whites, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Mix well.
- Dump all of the almond flour into a zip-lock bag.
- Take your chicken legs, one at a time, and cover in egg/whipping cream mixture.
- Put into plastic bag and shake.
- Put chicken leg aside and repeat with remainder of chicken legs.
- Once oil is hot, put chicken legs into oil and cook for 3 minutes on each side (or until crispy).
- Put heat on medium low and cover. Cook for 10 minutes on each side.
- Turn heat back up to high and cook until both sides are fully crispy.
- Remove chicken from oil once chicken is cooked, in the middle, to 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rest chicken on wire rack to allow grease to drip.