“The variations on this are endless because the filling can be any combination of mincemeat, pumpkin and/or cranberry sauce, but here’s my favorite combination.”
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup prepared mincemeat pie filling
- 1/2 cup whole cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Prep20 m
- Cook3 h
- Ready In3 h 20 m
- Grease one 2-quart lidded pudding mold. Sift together the flour, sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, butter, mincemeat, cranberry sauce and pumpkin. Add to flour mixture and mix until smooth; pour into pudding mold.
- Place a rack in the bottom of a large pot, over medium heat, and fill 1/2 way up with boiling water. Place the pudding on the rack. Steam for 2 1/2 hours.
- Check the pan occasionally and add more water if needed. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center. When firm, place the pudding mold on a rack outside of the water for 10 minutes and unmold.
- Prepare a sauce by blending together the sour cream, cream cheese and confectioners sugar. Spoon dollops over warm pudding and serve.