Roasted turkey breast is one among my favorite dishes, not just for Thanksgiving, and that i am perpetually experimenting with new cookery techniques and flavors for it. This direction is certainly one among the simplest roast turkey breast recipes I’ve ever tried. Ah, the wonders that garlic, butter and recent herbs do to lean white poultry meat…
Prepared this fashion, the breast meat comes out of the kitchen appliance terribly tender and damp, that could be a large accomplishment with such a lean kind of meat. The aromas of roast garlic and herbs ar irresistible, thus be ready to be uncontrollably cutting items off and esurient them, as if you simply came off a passive resistance, before the turkey breast makes it to the dining table.
1 bone-in, skin-on turkey breast (about 2 – 2 1/2 lbs)
8 garlic cloves (minced)
1 stick unsalted butter
1 Tbsp rosemary (fresh, finely chopped)
1/2 tsp dry thyme (finely ground)
1/2 tsp black pepper (finely ground)
2 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, 1 teaspoon of kosher salt, garlic, rosemary, pepper and thyme.
- Microwave the ingredients on high for 1 minute, or until the butter has fully melted. Remove the bowl from the microwave oven. Mix all ingredients really well and set aside for 5 minutes so the butter gets infused with the garlic and herbs.
- Return the bowl back to the microwave oven and cook the mixture on high for another 30 seconds to ensure that the butter is fully liquefied.
- Strain the butter mixture through a fine sieve. Save the garlic and the herbs.
- Place the turkey breast in a baking dish, skin side up. Cover with a piece of plastic wrap to prevent the butter from accidentally squirting all over the kitchen. Fill the kitchen injector with the strained butter and inject the breast all over, in a diamond pattern, releasing about 1/4 – 1/3 of an ounce at a time.
- Add the garlic and herbs that you saved earlier. Rub the garlic and herb mixture and the butter from the bottom of the baking dish all over the turkey breast.
- Evenly sprinkle 1 teaspoon of kosher salt all over the breast and pat it down to make sure the salt sticks.
- If using a BBQ thermometer (highly recommended), insert the probe into the thickest part of the turkey breast and connect to the thermometer.
- Bake at 325F for about 1 hour or so, until the internal temperature in the thickest part of the breast reaches 155F. Brush the top of the breast with pan juices about 1 hour into roasting.
- Remove from the oven and let the roasted turkey breast rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving.