The BEST pizza for all cheese and mushroom lovers! Loaded with 2 types of cheese and garlic herb sautéed mushrooms!! AMAZING.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 16 ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 (13.8-ounce can) refrigerated classic pizza crust
- 8 (1-ounce slices) Wisconsin fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Wisconsin ricotta cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly coat a baking sheet or pizza pan with olive oil.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms, thyme and oregano. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender and browned, about 5-6 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Working on a surface that has been sprinkled with cornmeal, roll out the pizza into a 12-inch-diameter round. Transfer to prepared baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Top with mozzarella, dollops of ricotta and mushrooms.
- Place into oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheeses have melted.
- Serve immediately.