Course Main Course
Keyword ground beef dinner, Homemade Hamburger Helper, skillet dinner, stove top dinner
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Calories 397 kcal
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 medium sweet onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish optional
- Cook pasta according to package instructions; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and cook until browned, drain excess fat. Set aside.
- Add diced onion to the skillet, and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent.
- Stir in garlic and Italian seasoning.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned. (About 1 minute)
- Whisk in beef stock and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally. Simmer for 6 minutes.
- Stir in pasta, beef, and heavy cream.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- Sprinkle the top with chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately.