A savory muffin loaded with ham and cheese for breakfast on the go.
Keyword Breakfast Muffins, Ham and Cheese Muffins, Savory Breakfast Muffins, Savory Muffins
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 17 minutes
Total Time 32 minutes
Calories 450 kcal
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- 1 cup deli-sliced ham chopped
- poppy seeds optional
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees
- Melt butter over medium-high heat in a saute pan. Add onions and cook until tender; about 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl combine baking mix and half of the cheese. Make a well in the center of the mixture.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the milk, Dijon mustard, and egg.
- Add egg mixture to the cheese mixture and stir until moistened.
- Stir in onions and ham.
- Spoon muffin mixture into lightly greased 12 mold muffin pan.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese and poppy seeds over the top of the muffins.
- Bake for 17 minutes or until golden. Allow a few minutes for muffins to cool before removing them from the pan.